Owning a store is a dream for many entrepreneurs. The most enjoyable and exciting part of having a retail shop would be the setup and design process. To ensure a smooth and efficient design process, let us share with you some pointers into planning and arranging your retail store.
A variety of items can be cross merchandised even if you have grouped your products into departments or categories. For instance, you can combine products in a single display that fit well together. This can help accentuate different merchandise all at once.
Appeal to the Senses
The entire atmosphere of the store can be alleviated through the feel and look of a store:
- Touch – Through touch, you can enhance the experience of your shoppers by having a “hands-on” vibe. This process includes encouraging customers to play or test with different products; allowing them to feel each merchandise before purchasing them.
- Music – If you decide to provide background music, carefully consider your selections that go well with the theme of your store. For instance, soothing music can go well with a contemporary design.
- Scent – Filling up your shop with diffusers that offer comforting or appealing scents can make your customers feel relaxed, encouraging them to hang out for a longer time in your retail store.
- Taste – Tasting stations are great ideas if you own a store that deals in beverage or food items. Have your customers sample your products and take the time to explain each tasted product.
Keep Things Fresh
Depending on the kind of store you have or the type of customers you deal with, displays in a store should be changed regularly. For instance, you can feature a different upsell or change your mannequins’ outfits every week. When new products come in, try switching the merchandising and update them to the latest trends.
Having an Effective Floor Plan
When managing store traffic and flow, a floor plan plays a critical role. Several factors go into the right choice of a floor plan including your target market, the products you sell, the size of your store, and more.
In retail, here are some factors that contribute to ensuring an efficient floor plan:
- Free flow layouts allow you to play around with several layouts and be more creative.
- Geometric floorplans utilize fixtures and racks to create a unique store design and feel.
- Angular store layouts consist of angles and curves that give off a more sophisticated vibe.
- Loop or racetrack floor plans encourage the shoppers in your store to loop around the store where they are guided by the path on the floor.
- Straight floor plans create an organized traffic flow with the help of racks and shelves positioned in straight lines. Mostly used in supermarkets and large retail spaces, it is an economical store layout that showcases merchandise on shelving.
- Make sure that the flooring in your store is durable and low maintenance, as well as being visually appealing.
Materials for Your Retail Shop, Home, or Other Business
Your sales, dwell time, store traffic, and more, are directly affected by the merchandising and layout of your store. The feel and look of a store can help you gain more traffic; therefore, it is critical to invest a good amount of resources and time in the design process of your store. For that reason, storeowners must constantly be in search of new ideas and upcoming trends to kick things up a notch.
Whether you have a design in your mind or looking for some suggestions, our team of experts at Materials Inc can help. From residential spaces to hospitals, major hospitality locations to retail stores, we have supplied materials for ceilings, walls, flooring, and more. Whether you have an indoor space or an outdoor space, we’ve got durable and aesthetically-pleasing material for your recreational space.
Contact one of our representatives if you are interested in our quality materials and exceptional services at Materials Inc today!